Backing up contacts saved on an iPhone has become a great matter of concern, as losing all contacts is a major inconvenience. So the process of backing-up has been simplified, but limited to certain sections of users. For the first time, everyone can export iPhone contacts to an Excel sheet easier than ever before.
Using the below quick guide, find out how to export iPhone contacts to Excel file easily.
Simple steps described below will help in installing the program onto your computer:
- The very first step is to download “CopyTrans Contacts” app from the official website. The “CopyTrans Contacts” is a program designed by the company CopyTrans which specially deals in helping people in the important processes of managing, backing-up and transferring their iPod, iPhone/iPod Touch.
- After successfully downloading the file, extract the app from the zip file to install on your personal computer
- Upon extracting from zip file, run the program by double-clicking the “CopyTransContacts.exe” file and then connect your iPhone device to the computer to copy the important contacts
How to use
Once you have successfully installed the program, it is time to export iPhone contacts to an Excel sheet:
(1) The next stage requires selecting the contacts you wish to transfer from the contacts list. In that you have the following 3 options:
(a) If you want to select several contacts, hold down the CTRL key or use the tick boxes.
(b) You can also select all iPhone contacts at once by pressing CTRL+A or ticking the “Contacts” box.
(c) The 3rd option you have is exporting a whole group by selecting the specified group you have created in your iPhone.
(2) Then to export the group from your contacts, click the “Export selected” button.
(3) Navigate to the location on your PC where you want the contacts to be saved and click OK. A new window with several formats will appear. From that select the option “Excel”.
(4) Your iPhone contacts now will be saved onto your PC in the form of a single excel sheet with .xls extension.
This simple process mentioned above will help you to know how to export iPhone contacts to excel sheet. Now all that is left for you to do is to spare a few minutes of your time to install the CopyTrans Contacts app and get the work done in no time.